Here are typical installation directions for an ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane by having a generator wiring harness that is 8-pin.
Note: For action 7 you’ll want to buy 14-gauge electrical wire for the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to avoid disruption of coast energy solution during testing and installation of ShorePower track.
Determine the following 4 wires in your generator wiring harness.
Work with a tape or label to mark each wire which means you won’t forget which wire is which.
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Begin – Red
- E – Run – Orange
The wires are labeled on the harness as follows on a typical ONAN 10-pin wiring harness
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Not all the ONAN generators have actually the generator that is same harness connections as some might have been changed by the dealer or RV maker. Make sure you have actually properly identified the 4 cables properly before proceeding with step three.
Connect one Posi-Tap to every of this 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower track towards the Posi-Taps (wiring harness) depending on the wiring diagram supplied.
- Green cable to E AVOID
- Red cable to C BEGIN
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Remember to link the wires that are correct the wiring harness once we utilize red-colored cables over and over again.
On our installation picture we utilized white cables to expand to your harness as a result of location of our device. The closer the installation of y our device to your wiring harness will assist you to utilize the provided wire that is 4-foot we offer mail order brides.
- Link the wire that is red the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to 1 region of the enable switch utilizing the provided Posi-Lock or perhaps a crimp connector.
- Link the 2nd red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another region of the switch that is enable. One other end for this wire that is red sooner or later get in touch to your good battery pack terminal.
- Link the red cable through the enable switch plus the red wire from (L+) in the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (good battery terminal).
- Link the black colored cable (M) regarding the ShorePower track to ground (any metal on your own RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See wiring diagram B – Transfer Switch Connection):
You will need 14-gauge stranded electrical cable for the run from our product to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to 1 part regarding the 110 Volts from the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter to your center connection (common) from the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their green light in, if most of the cables, like the wires to your transfer switch, have already been properly connected. .
- To try the machine start the ALLOW Switch and disconnect from coast energy. The green light on the MeanWell will go down and in roughly 20 moments our product will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for around a moment then re-connect to shore energy and our device will immediately shut-off your generator in approximately 10-12 moments. The green light on the MeanWell can come straight straight right back on.
ESSENTIAL NOTE: switching the ENABLE CHANGE On or OFF will not impact the light that is green the ShorePower track or MeanWell. In the event that ShorePower track is correctly link along with coast energy those two light will be on. The ALLOW SWITCH just allows or disables monitoring.
This is exactly what a typical set-up will appear to be as soon as it is completed. You will see other consumer installation photos by clicking here.