Western Thatch Ants
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park hosts Western Thatch Ants. At the moment of the season these ants are particularly active so please respect these normal bugs and give a wide berth to any unneeded interruption of the houses, that are by means of mounds. Please keep all meals sealed and stored away when not in use, and make use of garbage and recycling bins to get rid of waste. These actions may help avoid any interaction that is unwanted these small animals.
Dogs aren’t allowed on beach areas.
Pets/domestic pets needs to be for a leash and in check all times.
you’re accountable for their behavior and must get rid of their excrement. Animals aren’t allowed into the beach that is day-use regarding the park. Animals are permitted in the coastline right beside the campground between might 1 and February 14, nonetheless they needs to be for a leash. Please observe posted indications (see park map).
About It Park
Majestic old-growth trees, breathtaking ocean sunsets and an inviting, wide sandy coastline with campsites nestled amongst mature Douglas fir woods makes Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville one of many leading holiday locations on Vancouver Island.
At low tide the ocean recedes very nearly a kilometre, supplying a ideal location for site site visitors of most many years to relax and play into the sand and explore the shoreline. If the tide rolls in on the sand that is sun-baked the warmed water is unbeatable for swimming and sodium water enjoyable.
Rathtrevor Beach is great for a relaxed household outing. Just stay straight back and immerse up the seaside environment and take a stroll through the wooded upland area for the park. All campsites are within a 5-minute stroll to the two km stretch of sandy coastline. The park additionally features a big area that is day-use ideal for a day picnic.
Bird watching can also be a popular task during the park, especially in the springtime whenever more and more seabirds congregate for the herring spawn that is annual.
During February, March and April, Rathtrevor Beach can be one of the better spots in the Island to see the brant geese that is migrating.
Know Prior To Going
- This can be a tremendously park that is popular year-round. During the summer season (involving the the other day of June and Labour Day in September), reservations are expected. From May 15th into the week that is last of, reservations are strongly suggested. Although reservations are needed within the summer time period, unclaimed or sites that are unreserved be accessible on per night to evening foundation. Please seek the advice of the park operator.
- Alternate camping area might be around at nearby Englishman River Falls Provincial Park (13 kilometer) or Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park (24 kilometer). Both these areas additionally accept reservations.
- This park doesn’t have a motorboat launch. The closest launch reaches French Creek Marina, 8 kilometer north of this park on Hwy 19a.
All campsite, group group and campsite picnic shelter reservations should be made through Discover Camping. Whenever reservations aren’t available, all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted only at that park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable; there are no first-come, first-served web web web sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for the combined team campsites through Discover Camping.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservations
Location and Maps
Take note: Any maps detailed are for information just; they could maybe not express appropriate boundaries and really should not be useful for navigation.
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is located 3 km south of Parksville on Hwy 19a, on main Vancouver Island. Simply Take exit #51 from the Inland Island Highway (Hwy #19) and follow signs to the park. The closest communities are Parksville, Qualicum and Nanaimo.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps detailed are for information just; they might maybe maybe not express appropriate boundaries and shouldn’t be useful for navigation.
Nature and tradition
- History: Rathtrevor took its title through the family that is irish homesteaded with this land. William Rath, a silver prospector, arrived in 1886 together with wife that is young and child. They built a log cabin, cleared the land, as well as in 1895 they built the barn. William passed away in 1903, making Elizabeth the farm and five young ones. She turned out to be a person that is industrious effectively running the farm and finally running it as a campground. The suffix вЂњtrevorвЂќ ended up being included with supply the campground an even more lyrical name. Rathtrevor Campground became Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in 1967 and although much changed since William and Elizabeth first arrived, its importance and beauty may be preserved for the continued satisfaction.
- Wildlife: a few types of wildlife is seen within the park, including deer, raccoons, squirrels, otters, mink, eagles, osprey, hawks, vultures, owls, and numerous shore and migratory birds which use the park area throughout their springtime and autumn migrations. The essential famous migratory coast wild birds would be the Brant geese (Branta bernicla) whom utilize the beaches of Rathtrevor and Craig Bay as staging and feeding areas throughout their springtime migration to north Canada and Alaska.
- Management Preparing Information
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park Management Arrange PDF 1.96MBDisclaimer:This is maybe maybe not the initial management preparation item. This document happens to be scanned through the original format for the plan. It might contain some changes that are formatting but the content is in keeping with the initial.
Activities Offered At this Park
Animals on Leash
Facilities Offered At this Park
Drinking Tap Water
You will find 6 team campsites as of this park. Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 are positioned off Rath path simply after dark administration building, before you reach the day-use parking lots.
These sites are operating out of a available industry, with picnic tables, fire bands, flush toilets/change building and a fresh clean section with fresh water.
Group Sites 5 & 6 can be found in the future from Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 into the old parking great deal 4 area. Group campsites are available from might 12 to 15 october mail order bride legality. Reservation information В»
Youth team camping fees per evening are $1/person (6+), by having a $50 minimum and $150 optimum. See the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping costs per evening would be the base price when it comes to website, which can be $120.00/group site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimal cost for 15 grownups), plus $1/child (6-15). Kids under 6 are free!
This park has a sizable area that is day-use/picnic the coastline and ocean with 3 parking lots, 75 picnic tables, 2 reservable picnic shelters, pit toilets, two 2 flush toilet/change structures, walking tracks as well as an adventure play ground. Reservation information В»